Introducing Primeasia University
Primeasia University, after getting Government approval on 26 August 2003, started to function from 1 October 2003 as a private university. Primeasia University provides undergraduate and post graduate education, at a reasonable cost, in a range of subjects that are relevant to current needs at home and abroad. It aims at providing students with opportunities, resources and expertise to achieve academic, personal and career goals.
Primeasia University started with only 35 students in a rented building at Banani. Within a period of one year the number of students increased to 307. At present, the number has increased to nearly 7000. To facilitate these students with all types of academic support, the University has been giving efforts to employ more highly qualified full time faculty members. The University has already increased its floor space significantly. The University has been trying to increase the number of books in its two libraries and concentrating on building up new laboratories and enhancing the existing laboratories with sophisticated equipment.
Primeasia University is now one of the reputed and leading universities in Bangladesh.
Strengths of Primeasia University
- Highly qualified and experienced core faculty members. A rich pool of part-time, adjunct and visiting faculties from home and abroad. The faculty members are highly committed to teaching and research. They are friendly and informal with students. They guide students to achieve academic goals.
- Students are prepared for successful business careers in their real life. Students get facility for Internship in Prime Group Associates and other well-known organizations.
- Job placement services.
- Tuition waiver and scholarship for meritorious and poor students.
- Well equipped class rooms.
- Well equipped Computer Laboratories, Language laboratories and laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Textiles.
- Library with significant collection of books in various subjects.
- Disciplined and non-political environment.
- On-campus co-op program.
- Student counseling facilities.
- Seminars, Industrial visits, job fair, attachment program.